Cowboy Casserole Review

1.
Pin It

On my weekly menu plan  I had this dish I found on Pinterest

Cowboy Casserole
We had it tonight, and though it sounded yummy I knew I had to make some changes. 

I started with two pounds of 80/20 ground beef browned with the one onion and two cloves of minced garlic.  To this I added two cans of ...

Campbell's New All Natural Soup

two cans of yellow kernel corn, drained; two teaspoons of chili powder and a generous splash of hot sauce.   A cowboy can't be eating any tomato-basil sauce, right?!?  Simmer until thick. 





While that was simmering, I baked two pounds of Ore- Ida tator tots at 425 to get them nice and crispy.






 Then I laid half of them in the bottom of a glass 13 x 9 casserole dish.  Topped with...







 
The whole two cups of Monterey Jack on the bottom.  I poured the meat sauce over the cheese, then topped with the remaining tater tots.  I put the cheddar jack on top, put some fresh parsley, chopped on top.  Then back in the oven at 350  for 15 minutes to make sure all the cheese was melted and ooey gooey.  It was a phenomenal success!



  See I couldn't even take the picture of what was left for my husband (who was working late) without fingers getting in the pan.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are like high fives and are always appreciated to let me know you are checking this out. Constructive criticism is always welcome.