Meatball Sub Rolls

Homemade sub rolls for the meatball subs featured here.

I am a horrible bread maker, don't know what it is, but yeast and I don't mix.  So I love my bread machine, it has the ability to properly knead the dough and the patience to let it rise properly and when it is done, I take the dough out and shape it, put it in a barely warm oven for about an hour and voila.  Freshly risen rolls, ready to bake...



The recipe that I used for these, I had to play with to get it right.
place in your breadmaker in the given order and then set for the dough cycle

Ingredients:
1 1/3 cups of tepid water
2 tsp salt
2 tbsp olive oil
3 1/2 c Bread Flour ( use 1/4 c less at sea level)
2 tsp abm yeast




After these rose for about an hour, I look at them, and see when they look about right, take them out.
Set your oven for 350 degrees and while it is heating, make an egg wash.
I use 1 Tbsp water, 1 egg and since these were destined for Italian, 1/2 tsp garlic powder, then just brush it over the rolls and bake for 45 minutes.

Some of you are scratching your heads and going, man that girl cannot make rolls of the same size.  This is intentional, one of the things that I love about making my own rolls.  I have a 4 yo, 10 yo boy (eats more than me), myself and DH.  so that is the sizes accordingly. 

I hope you enjoy the rolls and follow me for more recipes to come!

1 comment:

  1. This is great! I am definitely going to make some. I'm your newest follower! If you have the time please follow me back at http://homemadeglamour.blogspot.com.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are like high fives and are always appreciated to let me know you are checking this out. Constructive criticism is always welcome.