Menu Planning Mondays - Week #2

Welcome to week 2- still going strong!  Have included some new recipes this week!

Sunday, January 8-Cheese Tortellini with Marinara Sauce, Garlic Bread and Salad

Monday, January 9-Crockpot Portabello Chicken over Angel Hair Pasta We liked the taste of this recipe, but the chicken got really dried out because I had to leave it  in the crockpot longer than the recommended cooking times.

Tuesday, January 10-Beef and Bean Chimichangas (from the freezer section) covered with enchilada sauce and  cheese and then baked.  We served this with Spanish Rice and refried beans.

Wednesday, Jan 11- Bratwurst and Shrimp Boil from Bob Evans This by far, was my personal favorite yet.  The taste of the Old Bay in it took me home to  growing up in Maryland ( gosh, I really miss my crabs)

Thursday, January 12- Mario Batali's Beef Stuffed Manicotti with Garlic Bread and Salad Now I had to change this up a little in my own frugal style!  I had leftover shredded beef in the freezer from Christmas Eve Prime Rib dinner and a half pound of cooked ground beef,  so i used that it place of the meat and just seasoned it, added the bread and stuffed the parboiled manicotti, poured store bought sauce over the top and baked it.  The kids loved this and they can be very particular!  Another fantastic recipe for the 2013 binder!

Friday, January 13- Friday the thirteenth, no way I was cooking today LOL my luck everything would fail.
 Just kidding, we got invited to the inlaws because they were cooking a turkey for the two of  them...one problem, turkey is on our menu for Sunday so I got some changes to make!

Saturday, January 14-Tri-Tip Roast on the grill, Oven Roasted Potatoes, Brocolli and salad
The oven roasted potatoes recipe came from my Pinterest board, but since Pinterest is currently misbehaving, you'll have to go to my follow me on Pinterest button in the sidebar and come check it out.  For recipes I have a few boards- Foods to try, Menu plan, and Sweets and Treats.  I am in the process of organizing those up a little bit, so folow me on Pinterest to see the changes to come...
                          
 If like I was, you are unfamiliar with the cut of Tri- Tip, a quick internet search will provide you with all the info you need.  When I moved west, there were many cuts of meat sold here that I was unfamiliar with, but this Tri-Tip is really good and tender when properly cooked.  Just don't let DH play with your 4 year old while supposed to be watching the grill or you will end up with a large fire and lots of  "bark" on yours like we did last night, but oh well, I make more than my fair share of mistakes in the kitchen. 


Phenomenal, we are all caught up!  I am making Chicken Parmesan tonight and will be back tomorrow with Menu Planning Monday #3.  Thanks for coming along on my journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are like high fives and are always appreciated to let me know you are checking this out. Constructive criticism is always welcome.