Saturday Savings

I have decided ( for a short while at least) to do a segment on Saturdays highlighting some of the ways that I try to save money in my house.

For this first week I am going to talk a little about Bountiful Baskets



This is a not for profit organization that is run entirely by volunteers that delivers farm fresh baskets to many communities every other week for a small delivery fee of just $1.50 per basket.

This is a portion of the basket that I picked up this morning, I say a portion because I gave some to my in-laws and the kids have already been in to it.  Yes, they hate their fruits and veggies just like most kids, but get excited to see the new baskets come home.

For just $15 (plus delivery fee) I got 2 huge bunches of lettuce, a head of cauliflower, two bunches of brocolli, brussel sprouts ( 2 bags full ), mushrooms and tomatoes thats just the veggies.
These baskets are 50% farm fresh fruits and 50% veggies so I also got a pineapple, a watermelon, tangerines, kiwi fruit, bananas and avocado.

Each week they also have great extras that you can add to your basket for the same low cost savings.  The baskets are never the same, so we always get to try something new and different.  Stop by Bountiful Baskets
and check out if they are in your area.




I have not been paid in any way to endorse this, I am just sharing a new and exciting ( to me) way to save on my grocery spending

3 comments:

  1. I really like Bountiful Baskets! The only bad part nw is my pickup time is like 6:30 in the morning. It hard getting up that early on a Saturday morning. Lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is bad, I don't think I would make it either, they just changed our time from 8 am to 9 am because they added another stop first...yea!!! Thanks for dropping by!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for sharing. We have something very similar where i live, but still haven't tried it out yet

    Thanks for linking up to Serenity Saturday
    Hope to see you there again tomorrow
    http://serenityyou.blogspot.com/2012/01/serenity-saturday-22.html

    Natasha xx

    ReplyDelete

Comments are like high fives and are always appreciated to let me know you are checking this out. Constructive criticism is always welcome.